Goals are the roadmap in your life; they are the instructions to your conscious and subconscious mind that clarify and shape your desired outcomes in all areas of your life. By having goals for which to strive, your life takes on new meaning and an exciting sense of purpose.
8 Points to Remember in Setting a Goal:
1. Make it SPECIFIC
2. Keep it REALISTIC
3. Set a date for COMPLETION
4. State it as a POSITIIVE AFFIRMATION
5. IMAGINE it occurring
6. REPEAT the affirmation and hold the vision in your mind on a daily basis
7. Make it PURPOSEFUL—Determine the purpose for wanting your goals and discover the leverage you can use to help you achieve it. For example—what will happen if you realize your goal? Will your life be the way you want it?
8. Be CONSISTENT & PERSISTENT
Having specific goals with defined steps to attain them starts your energy moving, creates positive feelings about yourself, and delivers the desired outcomes that you want for your life. If you don’t know what you want in your life or where you are going, who does?
Remember, a goal is just a dream with a deadline! Let yourself dream. Ask out of life what you really want from it. Write it out and purposefully focus your attention on it on a DAILY basis.