Live video captions USING GOOGLE PIXEL
How to Enable Live Captions
- Enable captions and adjust formatting on Pixel phone using instructions above.
- Login to the Zoom Meeting on both the computer and the Google Pixel phone. (Note: If you are using a Chromebook, you can enable Live Captions without using the phone as a secondary device. See tutorial.)
- On the phone in Zoom, connect to "Call over Internet" for audio. Video is not needed for the Google Pixel. Then mute the mic and turn off camera in Zoom settings. Do this first, so that you avoid interrupting class discussion with the call captioning notification.
- Confirm using "Live caption for calls" in Zoom message box.
- Done! Note that this basic process of live captioning can be used for any other audio source on the phone where speech is detected.